Privacy & Cookies Policy
2. Who We Are
Remeo Gelato is a company registered in the United Kingdom with our registered office at 52 Grosvenor Gardens, London, SW1W 0AU. For data protection purposes, we are the data controller and are responsible for your personal data.
3. Data We Collect About You
We may collect, use, store, and transfer the following kinds of personal data about you:
- Identity Data: including first name, last name, and username.
- Contact Data: including billing address, delivery address, email address, and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data: including details about payments from you and other details of products you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data: including IP address, login data, browser type, and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Profile Data: including your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage Data: including information about how you use our website, products, and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
4. How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data for the purpose for which we collected it which include the following:
- Processing Orders: To process and deliver your order including managing payments, fees, and charges.
- Site Improvement: To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, and customer relationships.
- Marketing: To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website, online store (basket, checkout etc.)
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around our website. This includes making use of Google Analytics anonymous tracking.
- Tracking Cookies: Facebook Pixel used to measure visit to the website from Facebook, and conversions through the checkout process
- Functionality Cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website, or remember your basket or checkout preferences.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed.
How to Control Cookies:
- Google Chrome: Go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Advanced’ > ‘Privacy and security’ > ‘Site settings’ > ‘Cookies’. From there, you can turn on or off the necessary settings.
- Firefox: Click on ‘Menu’ > ‘Options’ > ‘Privacy & Security’. Under ‘Cookies and Site Data’, you can choose your preferred settings.
- Microsoft Edge: Go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Privacy, search, and services’. Under ‘Cookies’, choose your preferred option.
- Safari: Go to ‘Preferences’ > ‘Privacy’ and then select your preferred option regarding cookies.
For other browsers, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.
6. Data Security
We have implemented measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered, or disclosed.
7. Third-Party Links
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
8. Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
9. Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, including the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, or to object to processing. Please contact us with any data requests and we will action this within 1 calendar month from the request.
10. Location Services
Our website’s locations page may ask for browser permissions to check your location to help find the closest location to you. This data is only used for this purpose and not stored or shared with third parties.
11. Embedded Content
Our website may feature embedded content from platforms like Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and others. Engaging with this content may allow these platforms to collect data about you.
12. Changes to this Policy
We may update this policy from time to time. Any changes will be posted on this page.
13. Contact Us
For any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us at our registered address or through our contact us page on the website.
Last Updated October 2023